Follow the Leader
THE QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER FROM THE VOGEL GROUP
Happy New Year!
As we say good bye to 2018 and welcome 2019, we are excited about the new year and what’s in store.
Over the past year there have been many local highlights:
- Our Edmonton skyline is seeing the finishing touches on the JW Marriott, the Edmonton Tower and of course, the Stantec Tower, Canada’s tallest building west of Toronto at 66-storeys.
- The outlet mall opened near the Edmonton International Airport, opening their doors to shoppers and to job seekers with over 1,000 jobs up for grabs.
- We, once again, showed off the Edmonton spirit by hosting the 106th Grey Cup game and festival – hosting as only Edmonton can host with world-class entertainment – on a year that marked the 40th anniversary of the Commonwealth Stadium and the 70th anniversary of the team’s play as the Edmonton Eskimos.
- The ‘Lawnmower Man’. This now-famous shot taken by a woman in Three Hills was captured when her husband was trying to finish mowing the lawn, amidst a tornado seen twisting behind him on the horizon.
There was definitely uncertainty in the air as well:
- We will have both a provincial and federal election this year. Regardless of the outcome, there will not be an easy road ahead.
- Cannabis is now a legal product as of October 17, 2018, upon Canada legalizing recreational marijuana.
- Interest rates are on the rise…or are they?
- Pipelines…say no more.
The Vogel Group is Growing
In spite of today’s uncertainties, we are pleased to be able to say with certainty that The Vogel Group is growing.
Just before the holiday season, Steven Davidson joined our team. He brings more than thirteen years of recruitment expertise as well as certification for a wide range of psychometric assessment tools. Prior to recruiting, he spent nearly a decade in the steel fabrication and manufacturing industries, with clients across the province. During his recruitment career, Steven has executed numerous searches for construction, manufacturing, supply chain, oil and gas, bio-pharmaceutical, finance companies, as well as within many other industries, for senior leadership from front-line leaders to C-Suite executives.
We look forward to his expertise and new network of candidates and clients he will bring to The Vogel Group.
Steven Davidson’s complete bio can be found at: https://thevogelgroup.ca/our-leaders/.
What Have We Been Up To?
Since our last issue of Follow the Leader (Fall Edition), searches we have either completed or currently have on the go include:
- Director of Human Resources for Capital Region Housing (current)
- Director of Capital Development for Capital Region Housing (current)
- Chief Engineer for Universal Handling/Goldec Hamm’s (current)
- Board Consultation for Edmonton Arts Council
- Board Consultation for Servus Credit Union
- Vice President, Fund Development for the YMCA of Northern Alberta
- Registrar for the College of Alberta Denturists
The Vogel Group
Rick, Julie, Rae Ann and Steven