Yesterday spring. Today summer.
One day there was snow. The next day, almost overnight, everything began to immediately bloom including our yearning for sunshine, barbeques and patios. All the signs of summer in the Capital Region have arrived! Food trucks throughout, daylight until 10:30 pm, ever-changing driving routes due to construction, patios filled with lunchers, socializers and foodies – and the festivals. They don’t call us ‘the Festival City’ for nothing.
Changes have been happening in our little corner of the world as well. We’re thrilled Rae Ann Mino has joined The Vogel Group as our Manager of Support Services as we continue to grow. Rae Ann brings 8 years’ experience managing the operations of search firms in Edmonton. It has taken her no time to prove her organizational skills, database management abilities, social media and tech “guru” status as well as her killer sense of humour that fits in perfectly with our family here in the office.
As always, our success is defined by the success we can deliver to our clients. This past quarter, we are very excited and proud to have completed the following projects with these great organizations:
- Canterbury Foundation has a new Director of Health Services
- Athabasca University has a new Vice President Finance & Administration/CFO
- Alberta College of Pharmacy has a new Pharmacy Practice Consultant
- Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) appointed 5 new Directors to their Board at their most recent AGM
- Alberta Dental Association & College (ADAC) has a new Complaints Associate
- YMCA of Northern Alberta has a new Vice President, Human Resources & Leadership Development
We’re currently developing profiles for some new opportunities, so we can’t go public with them just yet, but we can share a couple of new projects we have on the go with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Chief Human Resources Officer. CARNA is at an exciting point in its history as it embarks on the execution of a new strategic plan. The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) is a new role envisioned to elevate the Human Resources portfolio to an integrated and strategic level.
- Government Relations Lead. Know of anyone that is not only in touch with the political realities and trends in Alberta, but also familiar with the nursing/healthcare contents as well?
Work aside, it’s easy to get caught up in all of today’s polarizing issues dominating the news and social media: provincial politics, federal politics, pipelines, trade wars, Brexit and, frankly, just about anything (on a daily basis) happening with our southern neighbor. Strong and emotional opinions of every flavour can tend to create and/or escalate stress, anxiety and in some case, fear. We do believe that these issues require attention, opinion and a call to action. However, these turbulent issues also bring a strong sense of how fortunate we are. Fortunate to live in this country, this province and (yes, we are homers) this terrific Capital Region. While we work through these critical events, it’s important to begin wellness and a sense of security right at the smallest level – ourselves. Take time to destress. Unwind by taking in our city’s next festival (K-Days, Fringe, Street Performers, FISE, Taste of Edmonton, ITU Triathlon, Heritage Festival, and Folkfest are a few that are just around the corner). Meet a colleague, friend or client on a patio. Embrace the sunshine (for we don’t know how long it will last). Pay it forward. Take some time for you. We know we will.