CARNA - Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO)
The College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is the professional and regulatory body for more than 38,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners in Alberta. With a history that spans over 100 years, CARNA plays an essential role in shaping the framework for registered nurse practice in Alberta and influencing health policy decisions in the best interest of the public.
CARNA is at an exciting point in its history as it embarks on the execution of a new strategic plan. It is committed to strong leadership at all levels of the organization, and a culture that is innovative, open, supportive and forward-looking, while at the same time remaining highly professional and accountable.
The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) is a new role envisioned to elevate the Human Resources portfolio to an integrated and strategic level with a dedicated seat at the executive table.
As a strong candidate for this position you are passionate about HR and about the power of collaboration, innovation and accountability. In addition, you:
- Hold a post-secondary degree (a master’s degree is preferred);
- Preferably hold a Certified Professional Human Resources (CPHR) designation;
- Are a seasoned HR professional with at least 10 years of senior Human Resources experience including strategy development and implementation;
- Have an in-depth understanding of best practices of the continually evolving Human Resources landscape;
- Have a successful track record leading, mentoring and coaching a team;
- Have experience leading successful change management initiatives; and
- Are highly skilled in facilitation, mediation and negotiation.
This is a rare opportunity to be on the ground floor of strategic Human Resources in a transformational environment, providing executive leadership within an organization where passion and innovation are encouraged.
If this piques your interest, please contact Christine at 780-665-4965 or email@example.com for more information or to receive a detailed Position Profile.