Follow the Leader – Winter 2021
THE QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER FROM THE VOGEL GROUP
All we can say is wow.
What a year 2020 turned out to be. We started the year off great. And “normal”. Then by mid-March the whole world changed. Definitely a mark in history. We will all have our 2020 stories to tell when we get older. From school-aged kids who had to adapt to online learning, quickly becoming more independent and resilient. To the parents scrambling to learn how to manoeuvre within Google Classroom. To businesses who are still struggling to stay afloat. To those who have been unfortunate to not find any TP, anywhere.
- Everyone now has some sort of home-based technology, ready to go at a moment’s notice.
- Masks are not just a necessity, but for some, an accessory and a way to make a fashion statement.
- Deena Hinshaw is now a household name.
All we can say is wow.
It was a trying year. A year that seemed to be filled with OMG’s just a little more frequently than we are comfortable with. Here are some of the things that made headlines:
- Canada’s first ‘presumptive positive’ case of COVID – a Toronto man who recently travelled to Wuhan, China
- Stock market crash. The Dow Jones suffered its worst single-day point drop ever on March 9.
- Australian bushfires ravaged an area of 2,000 hectares
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit the Royal Family
- ‘Murder Hornets’ first spotted in the U.S., then parts of B.C.
- “And until we meet again…” – farewell Alex Trebek
For a look back at more top stories of 2020, click here.
Locally Affiliated, Global Reach and 100% Remotely Functional
We continue to research, source and identify top-level leadership throughout the country using electronic communication and social platforms. Interviews, client meetings and all engagements are conducted via video conference. Every member of the team continues to follow mandatory public health measures and work remotely, in their slippers.
We’ve been a member for years of the Edmonton Chamber, an organization that supports and enhances the local business community, representing small, medium and large businesses – from heavy industry and manufacturing, to professional associations, not-for-profit organizations, etc.
We’re also a proud member of NPAworldwide, a global recruiting network of independently owned like-minded search firms. With 39 Partners across Canada, we bring a truly national network to find outstanding candidates for your search wherever they may be. With access to more than 290 Partners in the U.S. as well as international Partner offices around the globe, we specialize in senior leadership, serving clients regionally, nationally and internationally.
What Have We Been Up To? Since our last update, we’ve successfully found the following:
- Inaugural Board of Directors for Claystone Waste Ltd.
- Director, Decision Support for Athabasca University
- Director of Financial Reporting and Operational Services for Athabasca University
- Safety Lead for The Crossing Group, Tunneling Division
What Opportunities Should be on Your Radar? Currently we’re working on:
- Board of Directors for Edmonton Screen Industries Office
- Chief Administrative Officer for the Town of Edson
- Chief Executive Officer for Edmonton Screen Industries Office
- Chief Operating Officer for Claystone Waste Ltd.
- Chief Executive Officer for Mental Health Foundation
- Data Analytics Lead for Office of the Auditor General of Alberta
- Executive Director, Strategy & Innovation for Legal Aid Alberta
- Pharmacy Manager/Store Operator for Rubicon Pharmacies
- Senior Vice President, Human Resources for Oilers Entertainment Group
- Territory Manager, Greater Vancouver for RDM Equipment
- Transportation Logistics Coordinator for Greater Francophone Education Region No. 2 (CSCN)
Know of anyone that may be interested in hearing more about these current searches?
Snapshots for each be found at: thevogelgroup.ca/current-opportunities.
Until Next Time,
Rick, Rae Ann, Renee and Steven