Legal Aid Alberta - Executive Director, Strategy and Innovation
Location: Edmonton, AB
We’re working with Legal Aid Alberta again, this time to find their Executive Director, Strategy and Innovation for their downtown Edmonton office. A non-profit, publicly funded organization, LAA is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for their clients, they make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive their services.
This position will appeal to an individual that likes to take initiative, is client focused and is exceptionally strong in delivering high-quality results. Consideration could be made for an outstanding candidate in Calgary.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Executive Director, Strategy and Innovation is primarily responsible for the development of long-term organization strategies and innovation of the LAA’s service delivery. This position provides oversight and leadership with respect to reporting on key enterprise initiatives, provision of internal and external communications and stakeholder relations, and managing issues of vital importance to the CEO.
As ED, Strategy and Innovation, you will work closely with all divisions of LAA to ensure the goals and objectives of LAA align with the organization’s Mission and Values as well as deliver the critical services to Alberta clients in the most efficient, meaningful, valuable and professional manner.
What do you need in this role?
- Law degree from a recognized law school and an active member of the Law Society of Alberta.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Bachelor of Commerce degree from a recognized university or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience. Experience in a non-profit organization is considered an asset.
- Exceptional MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint, which are all necessary for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging analyses, reports, and presentations, for the business’s leadership, executives, relevant stakeholders and Board of Directors.
- Advanced communication skills in drafting clear, understandable, unambiguous, engaging, and convincing reports for the organizations’ top leadership, executives, and relevant stakeholders, which will play a central role in influencing strategic decision-making across LAA.
Make a difference in the lives of Albertans. Qualified individuals are invited to contact Rick Vogel, Founding Principal, either at 780.665.4965 ext. 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a detailed profile description.