Health, Safety and Environment Advisor - Claystone Waste Ltd.
Location: Ryley, AB
Claystone Waste Ltd. is a western Canadian leader in waste management. Their vision is to develop innovative solutions for the safe disposal of waste and enhance the quality of life for the people in the communities that they serve.
Based in Ryley, AB, (1 hour east of Edmonton) and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer for the Health & Safety program with a dotted line to the Human Resource Manager, this critical role is responsible for ensuring that all Claystone Waste Ltd. employees have the tools and resources required to ensure their own safety and the safety of others when performing tasks. As a trusted expert in Health and Safety, the Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor role models safety excellence and proactively shares their expertise in their field.
The Health, Safety, and Environmental Advisor will be expected to comply with all Claystone Waste plans, policies and procedures, including codes of ethics and behaviour, and present a professional and respectful image on behalf of Claystone Waste to supervisors and employees, Board Directors, stakeholder residents, customers, suppliers and contractors, regulatory and elected officials, and the general public.
This position will model an outstanding attitude towards organizational Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) compliance and will adhere to the Claystone HSE program policies and procedures in the course of completing projects.
You will work with the other Claystone companies to update, implement and administer the digital safety management reporting system through SiteDocs, that provides the necessary elements to effectively manage the health and safety risks through normal business operations.
This will include making sure the program:
- Ensures that health and safety activity and reporting comply with the requirements of jurisdictional legislation in Alberta including Construction Safety Associations, Certificate of Recognition (COR) programs and other relevant organizations; and
- Ensure that their fleet of large commercial on-road and off-road vehicles carries all relevant documentation, logbooks, inspections, and certificates for the purposes of the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- THE CANDIDATE
The Health, Safety, and Environmental Advisor will possess:
- Ideally a post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Health & Safety or a relevant program.
- 5+years’ H&S related experience.
- Proven Health and Safety experience in construction, earthworks, or other industrial operations would be an asset.
- NSCO, CSP, OHS, CRSP or other relevant safety Certification.
Qualified and engaged individuals are invited to contact Steven Davidson to receive a detailed position profile.
email@example.com or 780-665-4965 ext. 104