Follow the Leader
THE QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER FROM THE VOGEL GROUP
We’re all in this together.
The elephant in the room – Coronavirus, COVID, COVID-19. No matter how this pandemic is referenced, it has impacted everyone worldwide. In times like this we must come together, encourage one another, empathize and extend a helping hand whenever we can.
With this “new normal”, for some of us, we have also extended our vocabulary. What’s a pandemic vs. epidemic? Asymptomatic vs. pre-symptomatic? The Government of Canada has created a terrific glossary on COVID-19 terms which can be found here.
As members of our City of Edmonton community, and as a small business, we would like to extend a thank you to everyone including our clients, business colleagues, friends and family. We truly are in this together.
We are open for business and 100% functional.
We continue to research, source and identify top level leadership throughout the country using electronic communication. Interviews, client meetings and all engagements are conducted via video conference. In-house engagements are completed hand-in-hand with extensive disinfecting protocol. Every member of the team has accessibility to work in-house or in their slippers.
We’ve Expanded Our National Reach
We are now a proud member of NPAworldwide, a global recruiting network of independently owned like-minded search firms. With 39 Partners across Canada, we bring a truly national network to find outstanding candidates for your search wherever they may be. With access to more than 290 Partners in the U.S. as well as international Partner offices around the globe, we specialize in senior leadership, serving clients regionally, nationally and internationally.
New Year Equals New Digs
We have moved to a wonderful space within the 103 Street Center (managed by Epic Investment Services). While only a block away from our former location, we’re now in the heart of Downtown Edmonton with access to the Pedway system through Enterprise Square. A great mix of amenities, we’re looking forward to the on-site gym, exclusive tenant lounge and social meeting space opening once all building upgrades and renovations are complete.
We look forward to seeing our clients and visitors once we’re able to minimize social distancing measures.
Combined 40+ Years’ Recruitment Experience
We collaboratively celebrate the following milestones this year:
- Rick Vogel, ICD.D., Founding Principal | 14+ Years Leading Executive Recruitment
- Steven Davidson, Principal | 15+ Years Leading National and International Recruitment
- Renée Henry, RPR, CMP, RAS, Principal | 12+ Years Leading National Recruitment, within Canada and the U.S.
- Rae Ann Mino, Office Manager | 20+ Years Administrative Experience | 10+ in Recruitment
We’ve Successfully Found the Following for our Clients This Year
With no junior staff, amidst COVID, we pulled together and were able to find the following:
- Alberta College and Association of Opticians (ACAO) – Executive Director and Registrar
- Alberta College of Pharmacists (ACP) – Senior Director of Operations and Finance
- Athabasca University – Manager, Financial Planning and Budget
- Capital Region Housing Corporation – Four New Board of Director Members
- Claystone Waste Ltd. – Five Board of Director Members
- Finning Canada – Business Development Manager, Rental Units
- Habitat for Humanity – Director, Retail Strategy & Environmental Sustainability
- Holy Family Catholic Regional Division – Secretary/Treasurer
- Legal Aid Alberta – Corporate Counsel
- Medicine Hat College – Dean, Science and Health
- Medicine Hat College – Vice President, Academic
What Should be on Your Radar? We’re currently working with:
- Athabasca University for two roles: A Director, Financial Reporting & Operational Services and Director, Decision Support. We’re in the final stages of recruitment for both.
- Bullock Law for their Associate Lawyer. Bullock Law is expanding and requires an Associate Lawyer to join their firm in Brooks, AB. Are you a lawyer with a focus on criminal and family law matters who welcomes the opportunity to work directly with clients and have significant autonomy to build your own thriving law practice?
- The Crossing Group for their Health and Safety Manager, Tunneling in Kamloops, BC. Do you have proven experience in construction or industrial project work? Are you ready to join a leadership team as the trusted subject matter expert?
- Mental Health Foundation for their President & CEO. Check our website next week for details.
- A confidential client for their Chief Executive Officer.
Know of anyone that might be interested in hearing more about these searches?
Snapshots can be found at: www.thevogelgroup.ca/current-opportunities.
Until Next Time, Stay Safe and Healthy!
Rick, Rae Ann, Renee and Steven