Director, People & Talent Operations - NorQuest College
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
NorQuest understands that learners come with varying levels of education and they assist them at the times and places that meet their needs, whether that is in the classroom, via distance learning or continuing education. They help identify their strengths, work on their areas of need, and move them towards exciting learning paths and life-changing careers. The NorQuest post-secondary diploma and certificate programs offer careers in health, community studies, and business.
NorQuest is searching for an experienced and successful senior human resources leader to fill the role of Director, People and Talent Operations (“Director”). This position plays an important role at the college in building and implementing short- and long-term human resources and planning initiatives that positively impact the overall college outcomes. You will utilize your expert knowledge and experience, in a variety of HR disciplines, to build alignment with college policies and procedures, relevant legislation and industry best practices. You will be integral in supporting the implementation of proactive equity-based initiatives which will support the College’s new strategic plan.
Degree in Business or related Human Resources focused discipline or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
Designation as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CPHR) is preferred.
Other certifications such as Certified Labour Relations, Payroll Manager or Benefits Professional would be an asset
10+ years direct experience in human resources and 5 years in a senior leadership role
Demonstrated ability of high personal, professional and ethical standards
- Senior leader HR experience with demonstrated inspirational leadership and strong generalist HR knowledge related to the entire employee life cycle
- Skills in employee relations related to conflict management and investigations; as well as labour relations related to collective bargaining and handling grievances and arbitrations
- Experience in occupational health and safety, benefits and pension administration, development of policy and procedures, management of legislative compliance and budget management
- Strong capability to provide consultation and advice on a wide range of issues; as well as able to analyze complex information and data to develop solutions and recommendations
- An ability to achieve results in the absence of overt guidance, to use discretion and make decisions on all initiatives; and able to recognize when to bring escalation matters, with a recommendation, to the Vice President
- Partnering with all stakeholders to develop and execute thoughtful human resources plans and programs to enable the college’s strategic plan and business objectives.
- Creating solutions that drive a best-in-class, winning’ employee experience programs that will influence engagement, retention, and satisfaction throughout the entire employee lifecycle.
- Providing effective leadership, direction, and management of all human resources functions, including recruitment and retention, talent management, job evaluation and compensation, pension and benefit administration, labour and employee relations, occupational health and safety, legislative compliance and management of the People and Culture policy and procedures.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
For a complete profile or to apply, please contact:
Rick Vogel, ICD.D
780.665.4965 ext. 101
The Vogel Group is an executive search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence