Dean, Health & Community Services - Medicine Hat College
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
Medicine Hat College is seeking an innovative and strategic leader to fill the role of Dean, Health & Community Services. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to a comprehensive portfolio of programs and services in Health & Human Services, Nursing, and Science. Programs include Child & Youth Care Counsellor, Criminal Justice, Health Care Aide, Nursing (collaborative degree), Occupational/Physical Therapist Assistant, Paramedic, Practical Nurse, Practical Nurse Refresher, Social Work and Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant.
The Dean, Health & Community Services will be an experienced health professional with a strong track record in administrative leadership. Ideally, the candidate will have post-secondary leadership experience as well. The individual will also have exceptional people and change management skills and will bring passion for creating a rewarding and valuable learning experience for Medicine Hat College students.
- A Graduate Degree from an accredited university in a related discipline, Science or Health (a PhD would be considered a bonus).
- A proven successful track record in academic program leadership and development.
Program Planning and Development
- Oversee program quality review and development processes to maintain currency and relevancy in program areas.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Teaching and Learning to ensure quality course development and to ensure necessary courses are offered for successful completion of certificate, diploma or degree programs relevant to the department.
- Work collaboratively with the Registrar to project and forecast enrolments and determine program and admission quotas, seats/sections to be offered, facilities, workload planning, and budget requirements.
- Oversee the administration of teaching workload in conformity with College policy, procedures and agreements.
- Inform all faculty and staff about the internal and external metrics that measure the accountability and relevance of programming, schools and the institution overall.
- Ensure the academic performance and success of students in the School is monitored, and identify and address relevant trends (i.e., ease of transfer ability to other educational institutions, employment after graduation, course and program completion).
- Recommend, administer and lead in the development of policies and procedures regarding student admission, evaluation, appeals and graduation requirements.
- Interpret, administer, abide by and respect all relevant Medicine Hat College policies and procedures and collective agreements, provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of them, and stay current of all additions, deletions and updates.
- Recruit, supervise and retain Health & Community Services faculty and staff in accordance with established College procedures and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, orientating, disciplining, dismissing, assign work and ensuring the quality of the work, evaluating and recognizing performance, approving and reporting absences, etc.
- Address and resolve issues that arise out of the operation of instructional programs and scheduling of courses.
For the complete profile, and to apply please contact:
Rick Vogel, Founding Principal
780.665.4965 ext. 101
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
The Vogel Group is an executive search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.