Pay and Benefits Specialist - The Office of the Auditor General
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Office of the Auditor General (“OAG”) serves all Albertans through the Legislative Assembly of Alberta. The OAG is the auditor of every ministry, department, regulated fund, and most provincial agencies. This responsibility includes publicly funded universities and colleges, ATB Financial and Alberta Health Services. In all, the OAG is the auditor of about 140 entities.
As the ideal candidate, you exercise professionalism, initiative, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to working in a collaborative team environment. Extensive problem solving, conceptual, and analytical skills are also required. The ability to apply tact, diplomacy, and sound judgement in dealing with sensitive and/or ambiguous situations are key to your success in this role. An extensive knowledge of PSC directives, employee relations, policies and procedures will be crucial to being able to independently identify and advise Human Resources and management on related pay and benefits issues, as well as internal communications.
- 2 Year diploma in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years progressive pay and benefits experience.
- Extensive knowledge of HCM 1GX and related software payroll systems.
- Full working knowledge of payroll and benefits regulations and related legislation including Public Service Act and Regulations, Public Service Commission directives, payroll and pension policies.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent production and reporting database knowledge are required
- Level 2 Canadian Payroll certification an asset.
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Visio would also be an asset.
Qualified and engaged individuals are invited to contact Rick Vogel, Founding Principal, either at email@example.com or at 780.665.4965 ext. 101 to receive a detailed position profile.