Office of the Auditor General - Finance & Accountability Analytical Lead
Location: Edmonton, AB
Join the Office of the Auditor General as their Finance and Accountability Analytical Lead. OAG serves the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, and through it, more than 4 million people who call Alberta home. The mandate of this independent legislative office is to examine and report publicly on government’s management of, and accountability for, the public resources entrusted to it.
The Finance and Accountability Analytical Lead (“FAA Lead”) supports, and reports to, the Senior Financial Officer (“SFO”) in the enabling, reporting and preserving of OAG value through managerial analytics and advice on the fiscal wellness and accountability of the office.
The FAA Lead is responsible for keeping the SFO apprised of major issues and related research/recommended solutions in consumption of resources, control effectiveness and analytical reporting. The work deliverables of this position provide relevant information to facilitate proactive operations management, accountability for results analysis, lessons learned and strategic planning by the leaders of the office.
This position will be based in Edmonton.
As an ideal candidate, you are a designated accountant with highly developed plain language business writing skills and advanced proficiency in the use of statistical reporting and analytical tools. You are renowned for your people skills, your attention to detail and your research skills.
You thrive in an environment that demands both creative and analytical thinking. You love Alberta, and you feel destined to do work that has an impact on the lives of Albertans today and into the future.
Your core competencies include:
- Professional accounting designation (Legacy CMA or CPA with training focused on “Performance Management and Finance” preferred);
- Five or more years’ corporate finance experience focused on demonstrated analytical report writing;
- Experience in fast-paced firms with commitment to quality and on-time results delivery;
- Experience with public sector financial responsibility, reporting requirements and standards; and
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to produce well-written and easily understood reports with meaningful explanations and recommendations.
Qualified and interested individuals are invited to contact Rick Vogel, Founding Principal, either at 780.665.4965 ext. 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a detailed profile description.