Welcome to the inaugural installation of The Vogel Group’s quarterly newsletter, Follow The Leader. We want to keep you updated on what we’re working on, just as we like to know what’s new in your world. We promise not to bombard your inbox (just four newsletters a year, and maybe a special announcement every now and then) but we also promise that we won’t hold any grudges if you decide to click unsubscribe!
It’s a new year, and with it the continuation of exciting changes here at The Vogel Group. As many of you know, although we are the same team of three with the same office and the same phone numbers, in the fall we rebranded. We want to sincerely thank all of the clients and friends from far and wide who have sent kind words our way since we announced this change. As you all know, relationships are more than just a part of our business, they are the heart of our business, and we were overwhelmed by your messages of congratulations. Please keep tabs on our website as we prepare for an update/relaunch in the coming weeks.
We are certainly sensing an uptick in activity and, dare we say, optimism in the business community. The political scene is as interesting/volatile/uncertain/confusing (pick the adjective that works best for you) as we can remember. Could there actually be a three-party race for the next provincial election? The price of oil has been slowly rising and Edmonton is seeing growth in non-energy sectors which is very exciting.
Throughout the excitement and hard work of the rebranding, our office has also been full of the usual excitement (and hard work!) of search. In the last quarter of 2017 and into early January, we partnered with the following fantastic clients to successfully complete a number of search assignments:
• The Alberta College of Pharmacists, placing both a Professional Practice Consultant and two Deputy Registrars;
• The Citadel Theatre, placing its new Executive Director to work alongside the company’s Artistic Director Daryl Cloran, who was placed in that role as a result of our search in 2016;
• homeEd, placing its Executive Director;
• Goldec Hamm’s Manufacturing, placing its new General Manager; and
• The newly-created Edmonton Screen Industries Office, placing its inaugural CEO.