Village of Holden - Chief Administrative Officer
Location: Village of Holden, AB
Share the charm of country living as the Chief Administrative Officer for the Village of Holden. This cozy, century-old village is located in the heart of Beaver County within central Alberta, just south of Vegreville, and just an hour east of Edmonton. Holden has a rich history and hard-working citizens who preserve it with pride.
Country living truly means quality of life and hospitality. Many facilities offer area residents a choice of activity and community involvement including the Holden Complex with a skating arena and indoor show area for 4-H clubs, library, community hall, playground with spray park, sports grounds, campground and nature’s hotspots all within a short drive.
As CAO, you will report to Village Council and be responsible for managing day-to-day operations, ensuring municipal policies and programs are implemented and advising and informing council on the operation of the municipality. You will be the public facing representative for public matters, community issues, public works, and budget management. You will also act as the sharp point on the spear as it relates to funding and grant research and application submissions through various government programs.
Aside from enjoying that close-knit community feeling, the incumbent will also need:
- 5 years’ demonstrated experience in a leadership role for a municipality of comparable complexity and diversity or equivalent;
- Customer-service oriented personality with a bend towards listening and participating in the community actively across the entire year;
- University or college education in public administration, business, commerce, accounting or finance, planning or in a relevant professional discipline. Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered;
- Certified Local Government Managers (CLGM) Designation or National Advanced Certificate in Local Government Administration is preferred;
- Class 5 Driver’s License, in good standing and reliable vehicle to use to get to the village office in Holden as well as to use on village business; and
- Ability to obtain a clean Criminal Record Check, and satisfactory credit check.
Holden looks forward to a bright future where residents, commercial business owners and visitors will continue to enjoy the refreshing serenity that its rural setting offers. Interested and qualified individuals are invited to contact Steven Davidson, either at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 780.665.4965 ext. 104.