Vice President, Academic & Provost - Medicine Hat College
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
Located in the “Oasis of the Prairies”, Medicine Hat College (MHC) is focused on growing a vibrant future with learners and our region. They provide programs and services to help learners access Alberta’s post-secondary education system, develop careers, and contribute to the province’s economy.
Reporting to the President and CEO, and as a member of the college’s executive team, the Vice President, Academic & Provost will have the expertise to direct the academic schools of Arts, Science & Education, Health & Community Services, Trades & Technology, Business & Continuing Studies, Student Services, as well as Teaching & Learning. The Vice President is a visionary leader, committed to shared leadership and a team spirited approach, providing leadership, management and guidance to the academic mission of the College with a strong focus on student success.
The Vice President, Academic & Provost will be an experienced leader with an exceptional track record in the Post-Secondary-Institution (PSI) sector and will bring passion for creating a rewarding and valuable learning experience for all Medicine Hat College students.
- Doctorate Degree from a recognized accredited institution, preferred.
- Significant experience in an academic and administrative environment.
- Equivalent combinations of related post-secondary education and work experience may be considered.
As an executive leader of the College this position is responsible for promoting a positive public image, cultivating college contacts with appropriate individuals and organizations in order to maintain an awareness of current institutional trends and developments resulting in a future – healthy organization. The role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership, management and guidance in College-wide program planning and development processes aligned with the Strategic Plan and Academic Plan.
- Leading in all academic related matters including the preparation of an annual academic plan, workloads, program review, etc.
- Providing leadership as a member of executive management, working with the President and Vice President to achieve the College’s purpose statement.
- Developing and implementing effective processes to plan for and expend the annual Operations and Capital Budgets.
- Providing leadership and authorization on divisional instructional workloads by developing policy and practice in regards to faculty workload management systems and to monitor program activity.
- Developing, interpreting and applying all relevant contracts, policies and procedures of the College.
In addition to the core competencies, the following are considered strong assets:
- Academic, applied research and innovation, and administrative leadership skills with a proven track record of commitment to learning and student experience.
- Academic experience as full-time faculty in the post-secondary environment.
- Active collaborator and excellent communicator who is comfortable and confident in interacting with diverse groups.
- Competence in leadership and engagement, coaching and developing, planning and evaluation, business and financial acumen, strategic thinking and results orientation.
- Ability to recognize and explore opportunities and partnerships while working with external stakeholders.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
For the complete profile and to apply, please contact
Rick Vogel, Founding Principal
780.665.4965 ext. 101
The Vogel Group is an executive search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.