Town of Edson - Chief Administrative Officer
Location: Edson, AB
The Town of Edson needs their next Chief Administrative Officer. Located almost exactly at the halfway point between Edmonton and Jasper, Edson is the perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts who still want the luxury of making a run to the city on a moments’ notice.
This isn’t to say that we find it necessary to travel to Edmonton to find convenience and culture. They have all the amenities needed, with both locally owned boutique shops and convenient warehouse stores, great restaurants, a stunningly renovated movie-theatre and a thriving, growing arts community. Edson also boasts a fully staffed, brand-new, state-of-the-art hospital, a brand-new, beautifully designed elementary school (complementing Edson’s already strong educational amenities), and a brand-new seniors’ living facility! (That’s a lot of “brand-news”, we know).
There is no end to the choice of activities in Edson:
- Indoor and outdoor skating rinks
- Outdoor spray park, world-class mountain bike skills park and extensive trail system
- Recreation centre with pool and indoor arenas
- Baseball, softball, soccer, golf and skateboard facilities
- An absolute playground for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, running, cycling, etc.
That’s what’s available today. Edson’s next CAO will be critically involved in partnering with the county to develop a new $70 Million Multiplex. This facility will include two indoor NHL-sized ice rinks, curling sheets, a multi-sport court gymnasium, walking track, fitness area, swimming pool, water park and more. With construction anticipated to begin in 2022, this is an incredible project for the new CAO to help move forward. What a fantastic time to join the team!
As CAO, you will report to Council and be responsible for the overall planning, budgeting, strategic leadership and management of the administration of municipal operations as guided by the objectives, plans and policies approved by Council.
What will their ideal leader have?
- An energetic, dynamic, progressive and collaborative leader with a proven track record of organizational leadership with demonstrated success in change management;
- An undergraduate degree in business or a relevant field. A combination of alternative education and experience will be considered;
- A strong financial and business acumen with a strong understanding of, and commitment to, public service (preferably within a municipality); and
- The ability to create a respectful environment in which diverse perspectives and opinions can emerge and motivate transformational ideas to face the challenges within the community.
Be a part of one of the most beautiful parts of Alberta. If you are an experienced and successful leader looking for your new municipal opportunity, please contact Rick Vogel either at email@example.com or 780.665.4965 ext. 101.