Registrar & CEO - Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic & Therapeutic Technologists (ACMDTT)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
ACMDTT regulates five distinct professional groups called specialties, which fall under two umbrella groups: medical radiation technologists (MRTs) and electroneurophysiology technologists (ENPs).
MRTs consist of four specialties: Magnetic Resonance Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Radiation Therapy, Radiological Technology.
ENPs consist of one specialty: Electroneurophysiology Technology.
The College upholds the driving principle of protecting the public by ensuring that any individual practicing as an MRT or ENP in Alberta is qualified to do so.
- THE ROLE
The Registrar is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the ACMDTT and is responsible for and directs the administration of the affairs and operations of the ACMDTT in accordance with the legislation and the ACMDTT’s bylaws, policies, and guidelines (each as amended or replaced from time to time). The legislation includes but is not limited to the Health Professions Act (the HPA) and the Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists Profession Amendment Regulation (The Regulation). The policies include but are not limited to Policies set by Council, Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
- THE CANDIDATE
The Registrar & CEO is an exceptional leader with a strategic mindset who is able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization. The successful candidate is a community leader and collaborative team-player with the following core competencies:
- A strong sense of commitment to College’s mission and values and the ability to motivate others to undertake initiatives with enthusiasm.
- A proven track record of strategic leadership, change management and community contribution.
- An understanding of the Health Professions Act.
- University degree – with post graduate education in health system administration, business, or another related field. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Minimum ten years of progressively senior management experience and an understanding of the not-for-profit sector, ideally within a professional health regulatory College.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership experience with planning, implementation, evaluation, and organizational development skills, and a clear understanding of the health regulatory community, policy development, public interest, and professional practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulation, policy development and government relations.
- Understanding of legislation and organizational best practices.
- Good understanding of Governance and reporting to/working with Boards/Councils.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
- For a full profile or to apply, please contact:
Rick Vogel, ICD.D
780.665.4965 ext. 101
The Vogel Group is a leadership search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Submit your Resume
In order to best support all candidates, we would like to know more about you. If you self-identify based on gender, sexual orientation, abilities, indigeneity, or racialization please consider completing this Self-Identification survey. It is 100% voluntary and anonymous and not attached to any searches or queries. We appreciate when you volunteer this data as it helps us to establish quantitative and qualitative Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) objectives and goals to help build a culture that supports all people.Complete the Self-Identifying survey