President and CEO - University of Alberta Properties Trust Inc.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The University of Alberta Properties Trust Inc. (“UAPTI”) was incorporated in 2015 to manage land and development on behalf of the University, and to transfer all net revenues to the U of A Board of Governors.
As President and CEO, you will act as both the strategic lead and be the face of the UAPTI, directing a small team of executives and development specialists amidst a sensitive and politicized public landscape. You will be responsible for brokering relationships between the organization and key stakeholders such as the University of Alberta, both the municipal and provincial governments, and the communities their projects will impact. Proficient handling of these relationships will require political acumen and facilitation.
To ensure success, you come into the seat with:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field.
- Real estate development experience.
- A proven successful track record in organizational strategic leadership.
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Experience in a wide range of stakeholder engagement including, but not limited to, municipal and provincial governments.
The President and CEO has the opportunity to make a significant and lasting contribution to the Greater Edmonton Area by leading UAPTI in developing and adding to communities while supporting the future growth and success of the University of Alberta.