Location: Edmonton, AB
Are you ready to join a busy organization that has enjoyed growth and financial success despite the persistent economic uncertainty across Canada as an Operations Manager, based in the Edmonton Area?
Our client is a Canadian leader in building, managing and servicing the operational needs of media and advertising companies for the North American market. The scope and variety of their products and services has grown significantly over the last 40+ years. They are looking to bring in a dynamic operational leader that has the capability to manage a number of simultaneous projects and installations across Northern Alberta. Reporting to executive leadership, this individual will manage a small group of installation and service technicians in a couple of teams.
As the Operations Manager, you will oversee all aspects of the business to support the needs of our clients as well as lead and develop the team of employees you manage, while ensuring each project, and work-order is completed successfully and profitably. You will report in on various business activities from an operational, human capital, and financial perspective.
You are a persistent and positive leader that is able to motivate a diverse team of employees in a wide range of responsibilities, and you thrive in a busy multi-tasking-oriented role.
Aside from key responsibilities, the right candidate will have a heavy focus and primary accountability for delivering a culture of health and safety. As such the following requirements are a MUST HAVE:
- 10+ years of operational leadership dealing with projects, work orders and field service.
- 10+ years of demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration and effective interaction with customer/company management.
- Ideally, you have completed post-secondary education, however, we will consider individuals that can demonstrate equivalent experience with a high school diploma.
- You will benefit from an understanding or experience with construction, logistics and fabrication.
- Previous P&L management experience is an asset.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements.
- Ability to read and negotiate terms for standard construction contracts.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, along with effective writing, speaking and presentation skills in English.
- Proficient with MS Office as well as other software systems.