Nurse Practitioner - Lakelands Family Health Team
Location: Northbrook, Ontario
Lakelands Family Health Team is a well-established Family Health Team (FHT) with two locations nestled in cottage country, north-east of Peterborough, ON. Lakelands FHT is an employer of choice for health care providers. They provide primary care and preventative and promotional programs that help their patents make healthy life choices. They strive to constantly improve their programs to meet the evolving needs of their community.
The NP is a highly valued member of the team, providing care for patients of all ages. The NP provides medical care, education, and coordination of care for patients experiencing a spectrum of medical issues from new life events to episodic illness to chronic disease. Within the supportive structure of the team, the NP functions in keeping with Lakelands FHT policies, procedures and values.
- Current registration (or eligible for registration) with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care (NP-PHC)
- Graduate of a recognized Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program
- Current registration with the NPAO and evidence of liability insurance.
- Demonstrated experience in community and/or primary care medicine
- Conduct skilled examinations appropriate to the age / sex / risk factors of each patient, including preventive interventions and immunizations as per current clinical guidelines
- Determine the need for, order, perform and review appropriate diagnostic tests
- Provide patients with appropriate and understandable clinical advice, education and counselling, based on sound and up-to-date medical knowledge
- Participate in case management discussion
- Participate in team activities and attend team meetings
- Able to travel and hold a valid driver’s license
- Be able to flex hours to provide optimum patient care
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity was we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
For a full profile or to apply, please contact:
Tracy Hussey, MSc, RD, RPR
The Vogel Group is a leadership search firm with offices in Ontario and Alberta conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Submit your Resume
In order to best support all candidates, we would like to know more about you. If you self-identify based on gender, sexual orientation, abilities, indigeneity, or racialization please consider completing this Self-Identification survey. It is 100% voluntary and anonymous and not attached to any searches or queries. We appreciate when you volunteer this data as it helps us to establish quantitative and qualitative Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) objectives and goals to help build a culture that supports all people.Complete the Self-Identifying survey