Divisional Director, Microtunneling - The Crossing Group
Location: Kamloops, British Columbia
With more than 20 years since its inception, The Crossing Group has grown to become one of the largest trenchless construction companies in North America with offices across Western Canada and the Pacific coast of the United States. Boundaries have been pushed to operate competitively and profitably. And their growth is continuing.
Reporting to the President of Tunneling and the President of The Crossing Group, this role has a high profile within the context of the entire organization as the strategic leader for this relatively new Microtunneling Division.
This role will be responsible and accountable as the SME for Microtunneling for all aspects of the Microtunneling Division from estimation to project completion. As Divisional Director, you will:
- Define, build and develop a strong team of high-performing professionals and be able to inspire the team to meet and exceed expectations;
- Provide field project direction by ensuring that all projects adhere to the vision for The Crossing Group while being safe, successful and profitable;
- Oversee the business development process as the technical expert for Microtunneling in order to grow the division within the North American market. Ensure that good client relationships are fostered and bring confidence to all stakeholders; and
- Ensure that operations conform to the needs and vision of leadership. Provide robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both the project and business unit level.
As the incumbent, you have:
- Experience with all of the complexities of a micro-tunneling project from beginning to end;
- Experience and proven success understanding and managing revenue projections and profitability in the context of both a strategic plan and tactical execution of that plan;
- A strong business acumen, financial understanding and project lifecycle expertise, coupled with an entrepreneurial mindset to bring creative solutions forward for any obstacles that arise as well as seize any opportunities that present themselves;
- A proven ability to understand, mentor, motivate, manage, and lead a variety of different personalities in order to achieve success on both a short-term, individual project level and a long-term, divisional level; and
- The ability to successfully operate in an environment with limited structure and process.
Qualified candidates are invited to contact Steven Davidson either directly at 780.665.4965 ext. 104 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to receive a detailed position profile.