The Crossing Group - Health and Safety Manager, Tunneling
Location: Kamloops, BC
The Crossing Group – Health and Safety Manager, Tunneling
Are you the Health & Safety guru in your current role? Do you have proven experience in construction or industrial project work? Are you ready to join a leadership team as the trusted subject matter expert? If you are ready for your next challenge in your career, we want to hear from you.
With more than 20 years since its inception, The Crossing Group (TCG) has grown to become one of the largest trenchless construction companies in North America and needs to add a Health and Safety Manager, Tunneling to The Tunneling Company (TTC), previously known as Kamloops Augering & Boring.
Reporting to the Operations Manager of Tunneling and corporate Health & Safety program, this critical role is responsible for ensuring that all TTC employees have the tools and resources required to ensure their own safety and the safety of others when performing tasks. As a trusted expert in Health and Safety, this crucial role models safety excellence and proactively shares their expertise in their field. Though this role will work in the field periodically, 80-90% of the duties for this role will be accomplished from the office.
Aside from having a minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction or industrial project work, you will also have:
- A University Degree, College or Technical Diploma in Health & Safety or a relevant program;
- 6+ years’ H&S related experience;
- Proven Health and Safety experience in construction; confined space entry, high angle or confined space rescue would be a great asset;
- NSCO, CSP, OHS, CRSP or other relevant Safety Certification;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software, SiteDocs and SharePoint, and comfortable learning-with and using computers, as responsibilities will include updating, implementing and administering the company’s SMS.
Capability of travelling and working from our Seattle office up to 1 week per month.