Executive Director - Habitat for Humanity - Camrose
Habitat for Humanity Camrose (HFHC) is a registered charity which mobilizes volunteers and donors in pursuit of its mission, and operates in the City of Camrose, building affordable houses and then selling them to families in need. In addition to being a Non-Profit Organization (NPO), HFHC is also a land developer, home builder, volunteer organization, social service agency, mortgage company, and social enterprise retailer.
The Executive Director (ED) has overall responsibility for and authority over the operational management of HFH Camrose. Reporting to the Board of Directors (Board), the ED is responsible for ensuring that HFH Camrose fulfills its mission by achieving the goals approved by the Board in the Strategic Plan. The ED implements and executes operational programs that achieve the Board’s strategic priorities while adhering to HFH Camrose’s governance policies. The ED secures necessary resources, ensures wise stewardship of those resources, promotes HFH Camrose within the community, meets the needs of our stakeholders (especially the needs of Habitat’s homeowners), and upholds our values to the highest ethical standards. The ED is responsible in general for the leadership and management of staff, donors, volunteers, and homeowners of HFH Camrose.
The ED is an exceptional leader with a strategic mindset who is able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization. The successful candidate is a community leader and collaborative team-player with the following core competencies:
- A strong sense of commitment to the organization’s mission and values and the ability to motivate others to undertake initiatives with enthusiasm.
- A proven track record of strategic leadership, change management and community contribution;
- A solid understanding of working with volunteers;
- Strong financial acumen; and
- A demonstrated passion for a community building whether in a professional or voluntary capacity.
- The ED must hold a post-secondary degree and have experience in one or more related fields (not-for-profit or charity administration, business administration, accounting, home construction, land development, retail, mortgage financing, social services).
- The successful candidate must submit a Police Information Check acceptable to the Board (HFH Camrose will pay the cost). As well, the ED must complete HFH Camrose’s safety training program.
- The ED must participate in training as well as conference proceedings offered by Habitat for Humanity Canada. These opportunities will be approved by the Board. HFH Camrose will pay the costs associated with training and conferences.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime hours when required to accommodate activities such as Board meetings and representing the organization at public events (with time off in lieu).
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
780.665.4965 ext. 101
The Vogel Group is an executive search firm conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.