Edmonton Screen Industries Office (ESIO) - Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Edmonton Screen Industries Office (ESIO) is seeking their next CEO. Established in 2017, ESIO acts as a catalyst, cultivator and stimulator for the screen media industries – film, television, interactive media and digital media production – in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
With the support of Edmonton City Council, the ESIO is tasked with achieving the goal of fostering Edmonton Metro’s potential as a national and international centre of excellence in storytelling, creativity, innovation, collaboration and production. In working towards this goal, the ESIO will provide industry advocacy and leadership, advance local production projects and work to develop a sustainable competitive advantage supporting a growing Edmonton Metro screen industry sector and diversification of the local economy.
In true Edmonton fashion, the ESIO model is unique and innovative. Incorporated as a non-profit society, they are seeking their next CEO who will report directly to an independent board of directors. The CEO will be a creative, innovative and dynamic leader who is passionate and committed to the mission, vision and values of ESIO, leading a team towards the growth of the screen industries economy in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
The right candidate will have:
- A University degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience to lead the ESIO;
- A strong business acumen and proven track record developing and implementing strategies to create and/or significantly grow an organization;
- Relevant business experience in the industry (e.g. TV, Film, Intellectual Property, Interactive Digital Media, Virtual Reality, Gaming) including knowledge of industry trends and development opportunities;
- Previous experience and success working with a Board of Directors; and
- Solid experience with leading and executing entrepreneurial, innovative and creative initiatives and experience with respectful negotiation and consultation to reach successful business outcomes.
If you are an experienced and successful leader looking for the rare opportunity to make an everlasting mark on our Metropolitan Region, please contact Rick Vogel either at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780.665.4965 ext. 101
Top Recruiter Canada has named Rick as the #1 Agency Recruiter in Canada for both 2018 and 2019 – and Edmonton’s Top Agency Recruiter in 2018, 2019 and 2020.