Director, Finance - Parkland County
Location: Parkland County, Alberta
Parkland County has stunning natural landscapes and a vibrant agricultural community. The County has evolved into a visitor’s paradise with a year-round population of approximately 30,000. With a wide variety of recreational facilities, beautiful parks and nature trails, Parkland County is a rural community offering charm and a vibrant atmosphere.
Exploring Parkland County, you will find that there are exciting opportunities for individuals of all ages and for families.
• THE ROLE
Under the direction of the General Manager, Corporate & Shared Services/ CFO, the Director of Finance is responsible for strategic oversight of the county’s financial reporting, budget, tax, and assessment services. This position provides operational leadership, strategic planning, and staff management of the department.
- THE CANDIDATE
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have the following experience and/or characteristics:
- Progressive senior leadership with focus on strategic programing and managing multi-disciplined teams (10 years or more)
- Working knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards and Municipal Government Act, financial reporting, budgeting, planning, and forecasting (8 years or more)
- The ability to support and motivate staff with varying levels of expertise
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer applications and financial software (Including Dynamics 365)
- Chartered Professional Accounting designation (CPA)
- Relevant post-secondary education (MBA would be an asset)
- 10 years or more of related experience preferably with some municipal/PSAS experience (equivalencies will be considered)
- Defining and promoting clear vision for the department that aligns with the organization’s priorities
- Providing clear expectations and evaluations to team members
- Overseeing projects at the strategic level
- Collaborating with Council, Executive Administration and Directors to provide expertise, guidance, and recommendations to organization
- Ensuring departmental and organizational compliance with the Municipal Government Act (MGA), the Accounting Principles (GAAP) including Public Accounting Standards and other relevant legislation
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
- For a full profile or to apply, please contact:
Rick Vogel, ICD.D
780.665.4965 ext. 101
The Vogel Group is an executive search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.