Director, Business Development - NorQuest College
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting to the Vice President External Relations and Partnerships, the Director will provide the strategic and operational leadership required to: provide excellence in programming, generate, and maintain strategic external partnerships, identify and capitalize on entrepreneurial opportunities, and foster an innovative, entrepreneurial, and results-driven culture within the Business Development team.
You are a dynamic results-driven leader who is passionate about pursuing innovative opportunities to generate the alternative revenue required to support NorQuest’s long-term aspirations.
- Completed post-secondary degree in a related field.
- A graduate degree, preferably an MBA, would be a valuable asset.
- 8+ years of entrepreneurial experience and/or direct accountability for revenue generation in excess of $3M.
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience within a post-secondary context would be considered an asset.
As Director, Business Development you will:
- Embrace an entrepreneurial mindset to innovate and lead the change required to successfully drive growth in alternative revenues in alignment with the College’s long-term financial plan with full accountability for financial results.
- Advance the College Strategic Plan by engaging the department management and staff in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans that align with the organizational goals and plans.
- Promote and foster an entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment to encourage performance, engagement, and creativity across the Business Development team.
- Provide risk management and oversight for unfunded activities, including process review, developing business cases, costing structures, and sign-off protocols.
As a NorQuest difference maker, you will provide:
- Strong financial acumen with a demonstrated ability to meet ambitious revenue and net profitability targets.
- Proven leadership experience and skills including demonstrated experience working with different levels of leadership to engage and influence positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to manage teams in alignment with NorQuest’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and Anti-Racism.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
- For a complete profile or to apply, please contact:
Rick Vogel, ICD.D
780.665.4965 ext. 101
The Vogel Group is an executive search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence