Dean, Business & Continuing Studies - Medicine Hat College
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
The Dean, Business & Continuing Studies (“Dean”) will provide relevant information for the formulation of policy and priorities, participates in the analysis of the information, and advises on matters related to College Policies and Procedures.
The Dean plans, develops, implements, and evaluates academic programs and prepares an action plan for each academic year as part of the college’s Strategic and Academic Plans.
The Dean, Business & Continuing Studies will have extensive supervisory and leadership experience to support a dynamic team.
- A Graduate degree from an accredited University in a related discipline (PhD preferred).
- A combination of 8 years’ (minimum) relevant instructional experience at a post-secondary level and leadership experience in an educational setting.
- Extensive experience with interpretation and application of collective agreements.
- Knowledge of instructional design, education technology, program development and program evaluation processes.
- Exceptional knowledge of policies, principles and practices of post-secondary systems and government regulations and their application within a post-secondary institution
- Experience in developing strategic and operational priorities. Understanding of the working inter-relationships within senior administration in order to access required levels of resources and ensure the college’s priorities, initiatives and services are supported and implemented.Experience with project management and change management processes; and experience in business development working with government, industries, and partners.
Program Planning and Development
- Deliver quality programming. This includes leading adaptations in existing programs/courses to maintain currency and relevancy and implementing innovative, effective methods of delivery.
- Lead in the development of new programs.
- Ensure necessary courses are developed and offered for successful completion of certificate, diploma, or degree programs in the School.
- Lead Continuing Studies in the planning and coordination of non-credit courses and programs.
- Monitor the academic performance and success of students in the School and identify and address relevant trends (i.e., ease of transferability to other educational institutions, employment after graduation, course and program completion).
- Recommend, administer, and lead in the development of policies and procedures regarding student admission, evaluation, appeals and graduation requirements.
- Interpret, administer, abide by, and respect all relevant Medicine Hat College policies and procedures and collective agreements, provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of them, and stay current of all additions, deletions and updates.
- Develop policies and processes in all functional areas of the School and College.
- Recruit, supervise and retain the School’s faculty and staff in accordance with established College procedures and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, orientating, disciplining, dismissing, assigning work and ensuring the quality of the work, evaluating and recognizing performance, approving, and reporting absences.
- Develop, administer and report the School budget.
- For a full profile or to apply, please contact:
Rick Vogel, ICD.D
780.665.4965 ext. 101
The Vogel Group is a leadership search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Submit your Resume
In order to best support all candidates, we would like to know more about you. If you self-identify based on gender, sexual orientation, abilities, indigeneity, or racialization please consider completing this Self-Identification survey. It is 100% voluntary and anonymous and not attached to any searches or queries. We appreciate when you volunteer this data as it helps us to establish quantitative and qualitative Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) objectives and goals to help build a culture that supports all people.Complete the Self-Identifying survey