Office of the Auditor General - Data Analytics Lead
Location: Edmonton or Calgary, AB
Join the Office of the Auditor General as their Data Analytics Lead. OAG serves the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, and through it, more than 4 million people who call Alberta home. The mandate of this independent legislative office is to examine and report publicly on government’s management of, and accountability for, the public resources entrusted to it.
The Data Analytics Lead will advance data analytics by providing strategic direction and leadership for the effective use of data analytics on audits. Implementing the 2018 – 2022 Data Analytics Strategy and leading the development of the next DA Strategy is critical to the success of this position. The DA Strategy will define the roadmap to continue the growth of data analytics in the Office of the Auditor General of Alberta.
This position will be based in Alberta, preferably Edmonton or Calgary.
As an ideal candidate, you are a data analytics expert seeking an opportunity to drive an organization forward utilizing your knowledge and expertise at the strategic level. Innovation and creative applications of data analytics is what inspires you, especially when it is to benefit all Albertans.
Your core competencies include:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in a discipline that requires analysis of complex information, interpretation and written reporting of findings such as Data Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Studies, Social or Market Research, Business Analysis or Intelligence, Information Technology and Systems, Information Management, Finance/Commerce or other relevant qualifications;
- Excellent data analytics skills, including a sound understanding of the data analytic tools including SAP, ACL or ACL AX;
- A successful track record (minimum of 5 years) promoting and implementing data analytics methods to improve existing organizational processes and outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience in working on large data analysis or data driven projects;
- A proven track record leading change management initiatives;
- Management and leadership experience; and
- Experience with SAP Financial systems and data analytics tools used to support these systems.