Claystone Waste Ltd. - Business Development Manager
Location: Beaver County Area, Alberta
Join a western Canadian leader that has enjoyed steady growth and financial success as their Business Development Manager. Despite Alberta’s economic downturn, Claystone Waste Ltd. has continued to be a leader in waste management servicing the waste management needs of communities within Beaver County, Alberta.
As their Business Development Manager and part of the executive leadership team, you’ll be responsible for growing market share for Claystone, improving market position and ultimately, achieve financial growth. Reporting to the General Manager/CEO, you will thrive at building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiated and closing deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of market conditions.
In order to ensure your success in this role, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma with major in Business, Commerce or Marketing. A graduate business degree would be an asset.
- A demonstrated technical experience in the solid waste industry and related environmental services industry.
- 10 years’ experience growing profitability in a price-sensitive/commodity-drive industry; experience in marketing and sales with for-profit organizations, including business development, writing proposals and sales contracts.
- Proven business acumen and the ability to see the big picture, coupled with the ability to provide leadership for the successful implementation of those goals.
- The ability to manage multiple projects under restricted timelines, frequent interruptions and changing priorities that require concentration and meticulous attention to detail.
- A willingness for frequent travel and an innate ability to juggle occasional long days or irregular hours on short notice. You must have a driver’s license and Canadian passport (or alternative travel document).
Claystone will provide a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, KPI oriented bonus, benefits, company vehicle or vehicle allowance, as well as all the business tools you will need to be successful in this role.
Give yourself an unmatched opportunity to drive the growth of an organization in the environmental waste management sector. Qualified individuals are invited to contact Steven Davidson, Principal, either at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 780.665.4965. ext. 104 for more information and to receive a detailed position profile.