Chief People & Culture Officer - YMCA of Northern Alberta
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
In good times and bad, the YMCA consistently steps up to meet the emerging and
evolving needs of communities, helping them move from surviving to thriving. The
YMCA of Northern Alberta believes that the next five years are a time to shine. They are
an opportunity for the communities of central and northern Alberta to heal from the
events of recent history and ignite the potential inside each of us.
Through their new Strategic Plan: Igniting Potential 2024-2028, they will enhance the
wellbeing of our communities. They will take steps to deliver the brightest work and
volunteer experience, they will innovate how services and programs are provided, how
they operate their spaces, and they will spark engagement in the YMCA and in the
communities they serve. Igniting Potential 2024-2028 is the blueprint to create a bright
future for the communities of central and northern Alberta, where everyone can shine.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO and leading a team of ten (10) Human Resources and Payroll professionals, the Chief People & Culture Officer is an integral member of the executive leadership team and is responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive People Strategy for both employees and volunteers. This is an exciting opportunity to provide senior leadership and have a significant voice in a complex, people-focused organization.
- A post-secondary degree (with a preferred focus in Human Resources).
- At least 10 years of Senior Human Resources experience including strategy development and implementation.
- Significant experience in the management and implementation of HR, Payroll and Benefit programs and initiatives within a large & geographically diverse organization.
- Experience leading and supervising a team.
- A CPHR designation is considered an asset.
- Lead the implementation of a progressive and comprehensive People Strategy for both employees and volunteers at the YMCA of Northern Alberta to support the growth and sustainability of the organization.
- Supervise and lead a team of ten (10) professionals in the areas of Human Resources, Payroll & Benefits.
- Provide HR coaching, advice, and feedback to YMCA leadership and operations teams on Human Resource related issues and opportunities.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of new approaches, initiatives and programs to assist in attracting and retaining dedicated employees and volunteers.
- Attend YMCA Board and Board Committee meetings as required, represent the YMCA on National Human Resource Committees/workgroups.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
For a full profile or to apply, please contact :
Rick Vogel, ICD.D
780.665.4965 ext. 101 email@example.com
The Vogel Group is a leadership search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Submit your Resume
In order to best support all candidates, we would like to know more about you. If you self-identify based on gender, sexual orientation, abilities, indigeneity, or racialization please consider completing this Self-Identification survey. It is 100% voluntary and anonymous and not attached to any searches or queries. We appreciate when you volunteer this data as it helps us to establish quantitative and qualitative Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) objectives and goals to help build a culture that supports all people.Complete the Self-Identifying survey