Chief Financial Officer - Education Canada Group
ABOUT EDUCATION CANADA GROUP
With locations in Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary, Education Canada Group (“ECG” or “the Company”) is Western Canada’s leading provider of college education, with a differentiated, tech-focused delivery methodology and diverse course offering. ECG is currently made up of three Divisions including Robertson College, Robertson Global and Newtone School of Language.
The Company is operating in a period of explosive growth based on the full-scale launch of a relatively new Division called Robertson Global training international students on campuses in Winnipeg beginning in 2022. Robertson Global is now entering is second phase of growth with an expansion into Calgary in January 2024 and Edmonton in March 2024. This strategic initiative is transforming ECG from both a size and profitability perspective as the Company is expected to grow significantly in the next 2-3 years.
As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you will manage the finances, accounting, facilities, and IT infrastructure for all of ECG’s Divisions including Robertson College, Robertson Global and Newtone School of Language. This role in a complex, fast-growing, and transformational work environment calls for an individual that can support a long-term vision and drive numerous strategic and operational initiatives forward.
This role requires the ability to operate in a high-growth environment with limited oversight while adhering to or exceeding strict deadlines. It also requires someone who possesses natural leadership skills and excels in communication, people development, and team collaboration. Across the Company, the CFO will ensure continued evolution of scalable and efficient procedures and processes, evaluation and incorporation of information technology, and timely documentation of procedures and related policies.
- Canadian accounting designation (CPA).
- Exposure/Understanding/Experience with mergers and acquisitions.
- 10+ years of senior level experience in finance and accounting in an organization of at least $40M.
- Strong understanding of GAAP/ASPE.
Preferred Additional Experience
- Experience or exposure to the private equity sector would be an asset.
- Broad IT strategy experience as IT champion
- Exceptional collaboration skills, proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills.
- In-depth, expert level knowledge and proficiency in information systems and computer applications including MS Dynamics, Salesforce, and MS Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Accounting department including accounts receivable, accounts payable, tax, reconciliations, bank and cash management, M&A diligence, amongst others.
- Oversee external audit process including compliance with regulatory matters and GAAP/ASPE.
- Establish, implement, and administer accounting policies, procedures, and protocols for operations as you interface with the information systems.
- Oversee Company’s tax concerns including managing external tax advisor(s) and having overall responsibility for annual/quarterly income taxes, annual tax provisions, sales and use tax, and all Company tax strategy/policies.
- Responsible for investor relations and all external reporting to lenders, banks, and equity holders including quarterly and annual detailed reporting packages.
- Oversee the budgeting and financial forecasting process with extensive use of data analytics.
- Analyze financial and economic information to identify trends and indicators that may impact business operations, planning, and investments.
- Present performance of the organization to members of the leadership team, as well as the BOD and investors.
- Work in close collaboration with the Private Equity (PE) partners and investors in all facets of mergers and acquisitions.
Information Technology and Legal
- Lead IT Strategy and planning of investments to support the strategy.
- Direct the Company’s infrastructure investments related information technology.
- Coordinate with Company’s legal firm to ensure all contracts get appropriate legal review.
- Direct, manage and oversee all leased facilities.
- Manage the expansion of facilities as a result of significant growth in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prioritize a variety of infrastructure projects and oversee progress and results.
People Management and Leadership
- Lead teams and team members in a manner aligned with the Company’s core values and Company DNA, including DEI & Truth and Reconciliation.
- Create a workplace culture that fosters success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Conduct and oversee the ongoing evaluation of the performance of the department, including hiring, objective setting, termination, and annual performance reviews.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
- For a full profile or to apply, please contact:
Rick Vogel, ICD.D
780.665.4965 ext. 101 email@example.com
The Vogel Group is a leadership search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Submit your Resume
In order to best support all candidates, we would like to know more about you. If you self-identify based on gender, sexual orientation, abilities, indigeneity, or racialization please consider completing this Self-Identification survey. It is 100% voluntary and anonymous and not attached to any searches or queries. We appreciate when you volunteer this data as it helps us to establish quantitative and qualitative Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) objectives and goals to help build a culture that supports all people.Complete the Self-Identifying survey