Chief Community Engagement Officer - YMCA of Northern Alberta
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Chief Community Engagement Officer (“CCEO”) at YMCA of Northern Alberta is a member of the executive leadership team and is a guiding force and strategic catalyst behind innovative marketing and communications initiatives, fostering a culture of philanthropy and leading the planning and implementation of fund development strategies. The CCEO also provides leadership and facilitation support to the strategic and annual planning processes.
- University degree, masters degree preferred, in Business, Marketing, Communications, Fund Development, with expertise leading or contributing to all areas of responsibility.
- Significant experience in a senior, multi-faceted corporate services leadership role.
- Experience developing and facilitating strategic planning and providing strategic advice to executive and board levels.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop and implement comprehensive YMCA marketing and communications strategies.
- Strategically position the association with target audiences both internal and external, to strengthen their understanding of “who we are, what we do and why we do it.”
- Create, monitor and lead risk, crisis communications and issues management strategies and provide advice to protect the YMCA brand and mitigate reputational risk.
- Oversee media relations and provide media training for YMCA of Northern Alberta leaders.
- Oversee the development of all online, digital and social marketing and communications strategy and metrics.
- Work with and support the President and CEO to develop and action advocacy and public relations strategies and actions.
- Lead and develop a culture of philanthropy with all levels of leadership.
- Raise awareness of YMCA as a charity and be a spokesperson for the community impact of the YMCA.
- Develop, oversee and measure multi-year fund development plans and goals that help achieve association priorities and goals and provide greatest community impact. Which includes, but not limited to, individual giving, major gifts, sponsorship and corporate giving.
- Oversee the application of funding from grants, foundations, government programs, etc.
- Establish fundraising policies and procedures. Monitor the results communicate and work to improve them as needed.
- Accountable and report on the progress of fund development activities to the executive team and board.
Strategy, Planning & Community Engagement
- Provide leadership, coaching and professional development support to multiple teams with unique and diverse professional backgrounds.
- Build and manage respective department budgets and quarterly forecasting.
- Manage and facilitate the strategic and annual planning processes for the association.
- Work closely with the President & CEO and members of the executive leadership team to seek, explore, research and take action on community development opportunities.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
For a complete profile or to apply, please contact:
Rick Vogel, ICD.D.
780.665.4965 ext. 101
The Vogel Group is a leadership search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.