Board of Directors - Edmonton Screen Industries Office (ESIO)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Edmonton Screen Industries Office (ESIO) was established in 2017 as a non-profit society governed by an independent board of business and community leaders. The organization is dedicated to support the development, growth and sustainability of entrepreneurs, professionals and talented creators in the Edmonton Metro screen industries.
As a governance board, this is a great opportunity for candidates who have relevant experience and a passion for:
- Investment and governance of mission-driven investment opportunities, attracting further investment into ESIO initiatives, prudently stewarding the funds under management, and directing impact-driven investment;
- Oversight and strategic direction over ESIO’s role as a facilitator and relationship builder in the community, working to develop a vibrant, interactive and supportive ecosystem in which local screen industries can thrive.
The core competencies and experience in potential Director candidates include:
- Solid connections with and/or experience with screen media industries including (but not limited to) TV, film, interactive digital media, gaming;
- Please note, ESIO Directors are not eligible to receive any funding from the ESIO
- Entrepreneurial experience, preferably with successful start-ups;
- Solid business operational and financial experience.
The Board of Directors is seeking to fill some current gaps in the Board Competency Matrix by adding two or three new Directors. Participation on the Board for ESIO is a voluntary role and no compensation is provided other than reimbursement for board-related expenses.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates who reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Rick Vogel, ICD.D
780.665.4965 ext. 101