Senior Vice-President - Investment Properties - Melcor Developments
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Melcor Developments is an award-winning employer with a proven record of caring for and empowering their exceptional team. They transform raw land into high-quality residential neighbourhoods and commercial campuses that are designed to enhance quality of life – at home and at work. Melcor Developments is the majority unit holder in the Melcor REIT and provide Property Management, Leasing and Asset Management services to the Melcor REIT.
They own and manage over 4.5 million square feet of commercial gross leasable area located in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Arizona, and Colorado. This includes 3.75 million square feet of properties owned by Melcor REIT. Melcor strives to be the Landlord of Choice in their markets by providing outstanding customer care and dependable, high-quality service to their clients.
The full-time Senior Vice-President – Investment Properties (SVP) will report to and support the President & CEO, Melcor REIT and the Executive Vice-President, Melcor Developments on all day-to-day operations of both the REIT and Melcor’s investment properties portfolio at the Edmonton Corporate Head Office.
The ideal candidate must have significant experience in commercial real estate property management and leasing. Candidates should be detail oriented and must have strong communication and people management skills. All candidates will need to be energetic with an ability to manage multiple tasks, with changing priorities and meet critical deadlines. Candidates must be able to handle varying workloads and can adapt to Melcor REIT’s fluid and entrepreneurial organization. The candidate must be able or provide strong leadership and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Significant experience in a leadership role in Property Management and/or Real Estate development
- Strong analytical/valuation skills
- Experience working with ARGUS
- Experience negotiating on leasing, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Ability to travel for asset tours, acquisition opportunities & capital markets marketing trips
- Keen understanding of and ability to bring forward and/or analyze and recommend capital market initiatives
- Open to new ideas and flexible to operate in a dynamic environment
- a seasoned real estate executive with a desire to be part of a dynamic, nimble, and team-oriented organization.
- that unique leader who can drive results, growth, and success in a major corporation with a collaborative, humble, “no-ego” and “get it done” style.
- a leader who can foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, encourages individual integrity, and fulfils social responsibility
- a collaborator to assist the CFO in managing project budgets, forecasts, and long-term financial plans; ensure corporate adherence to annual budgets
- a marketing sage who can maintain existing client relationships and foster new business relations to ensure the success and continued growth of the organization
Qualified and engaged individuals are invited to contact Rick Vogel, Founding Principal, either at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 780.665.4965 ext. 101 to receive a detailed position profile.