YMCA of Northern Alberta - VP, Fund Development
The YMCA of Northern Alberta (“YMCA”) is a charity driven by its mission to create life-enhancing opportunities for the growth and development of all people. Employing over 1,500 staff and 600 volunteers, the YMCA provides programs and services to over 120,000 individuals across the regions of Grande Prairie, Wood Buffalo and Edmonton. The organization wants to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate regardless of financial circumstance. Through the YMCA Opportunity Fund, one in four people received financial assistance to have a Y experience.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President, Fund Development (VP) is a member of the senior leadership team and provides strategic leadership to foster a culture of philanthropy within the organization.
As a strong candidate for this position you are passionate about Fund Development and about the power of collaboration, innovation and accountability. In addition, you:
- Hold a post-secondary degree in Business or related field, or hold equivalent educational credentials;
- are a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE);
- have extensive fundraising experience and a proven track record in demonstrating success in developing and delivering a comprehensive philanthropy program including annual giving, capital campaigns, foundation and corporate grants and planned giving;
- are able to create a vision and clarify roles and responsibilities of key staff to establish a strong, effective Fund Development team;
- have demonstrated success in large campaign and major gifts fundraising.
This is a rare opportunity to directly and positively impact the community in which you live, providing executive leadership within an organization where passion and innovation are encouraged.
If this piques your interest, please contact Julie at 780-665-4965 x.103 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to receive a detailed Position Profile.