Alberta Dental Association & College - Complaints Associate
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Alberta Dental Association & College provides leadership to the dental profession on professional regulations and member services, and provides the public with information and services to ensure that Albertans receive safe, appropriate, ethical and quality dental care as an integral part of general health.
Reporting to the Complaints Director, the Complaints Associate is responsible for addressing and investigating complaints, writing reports, drafting charges, writing argument, appearing at administrative hearings, managing document production and responding to dentists and the public about the complaints process as required by the Complaints Director regarding certain matters.
As a strong candidate for this position, you will have:
- a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) or Juris Doctor with a minimum of three years legal experience.
- general knowledge of administrative law and regulatory law;
- the ability to translate legalize into plain speak, adapting your language to ensure your audience’s understanding of complex issues;
- the ability to work autonomously with limited supervision;
- excellent judgement and the ability to maintain confidentiality.