YMCA of Northern Alberta - Vice President, Fund Development
Vice President, Fund Development
YMCA of Northern Alberta
The YMCA of Northern Alberta (“YMCA”) is a charity driven by its mission to create life-enhancing opportunities for the growth and development of all people. The YMCA offers values-based programs and services that enable people to develop in spirit, mind and body. The organization is committed to the values of respect, honesty, caring, responsibility, diversity and social inclusion.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President, Fund Development (VP) is a member of the senior leadership team and provides strategic leadership to foster a culture of philanthropy within the organization. This position ensures that the Association’s culture, systems and procedures support Fund Development. The VP leads staff and volunteers in the planning, coordination and implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the Association. This position ensures the development and maintenance of effective systems for Fund Development including (but not limited to) accountability and compliance standards, volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition.
Philanthropy is highlighted as a key strategic priority by the Association. The components of this priority consist of an annual giving program called the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign, an Endowment/Planned Giving Strategy, and a Major Gifts for Program and Capital. Together they form an integrated comprehensive Fund Development Strategy that guides the philanthropic activities towards specified goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent educational credentials;
- Ability to create a vision and inspire and develop the culture of philanthropy within the organization;
- Lead and inspire the Funds Development team to be “best in class” – to think critically – to be proactive in finding new ways of doing things; Clarify roles and responsibilities, drive for results and accountability;
- A proven track read of successful strategic planning, systems development and management practices;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and mobilize critical stakeholders (internally and externally) in support of the YMCA.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or would like to see a detailed Position Profile, please contact Julie at email@example.com
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.