Western Hard Chrome, General Manager
Location: Edmonton, AB
Western Hard Chrome’s mission is “We make things last longer” – to take worn parts and give them renewed life and in many cases make them better than new. WHC takes this purpose and makes it central to their way of thinking about their customers, suppliers, partners, community and most importantly, their people. For more than 50 years, Western Hard Chrome has been Edmonton’s source for corrosion and wear resistant applications, manufacturing and engineering for a wide range of loyal and valued customers.
WHC is looking for a new operational leader. The company is at a critical point and needs strategic leadership to take advantage of a recovering economy and the recent expansion into a new facility. With WHC’s growth potential, the right candidate has a direct path to the executive suite.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing and assessing all operations resulting in approved short and long term plans including (but not limited to) processes, client service, staffing, workflow, business development, efficiencies, safety, purchasing and team morale;
- Developing short and long term financial planning and reporting;
- Developing and influencing high performance and collaborative corporate culture;
- Developing and implementing staff development, training and performance management programs; and
- Providing regular and accurate operations and financial reports to stakeholders.
As their General Manager, you will report to the President/CEO and will oversee a current (and growing) team of 40 to 50 people. You come equipped with:
- A proven track record of developing and implementing change management across the entire organization;
- Strong leadership, financial fluency, business acumen and a high energy “can-do” attitude;
- Significant leadership experience in an industrial plant environment (manufacturing, processing, fabrication, industrial, etc.); and
- A proven ability to analyze and assess (both people and processes), develop plans for efficiencies and improvements and operationalize the plan.