Finning - Strategic Director, Heavy Rental & Used Equipment
Location: Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver
Strategic Director, Heavy Rental & Used Equipment
Named as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2020, we’re working with Finning Canada for their Strategic Director, Heavy Rental & Used Equipment. Based in Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver, you will build the strategy and channel support model to grow their used equipment and heavy rental fleet business.
Finning employs approximately 14,500 people worldwide, operates in three geographies (head office is in Vancouver, BC) and is the authorized dealer for Caterpillar products in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, the Northwest Territories, and a portion of Nunavut.
As Strategic Director, Heavy Rental & Used Equipment, you will be responsible for revolutionizing the strategic framework and grow customers for rental and used business while actively identifying best practices and gaining alignment across business functions. You will lead a team of 25 to 30 professionals and be accountable for ~$250M to $300M in annual revenue.
The Ideal Candidate
You are a confident business leader with several years of senior leadership experience, centering on the world of equipment life-cycle costing and optimization – and have dealt with all aspects from sourcing and procurement through maintenance and management to the eventual disbursement of equipment through customer sales. You flourish when the going gets tough and are able to bring new ideas to the table. Your past contributions have led to increased revenue and profitability.
As the ideal candidate you bring:
- A minimum 10+ years of leadership experience in the equipment industry, sales or operations with demonstrated success in change management, ideally with large-scale initiatives of significant dollar amounts and implications;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field (equivalencies will be considered);
- Knowledge of the heavy equipment business, specifically the rental and/or used equipment market and business would be a definite asset; although alternatives will be considered;
- An understanding of product life cycles; i.e. life cycle costing to maximize the return on capital investment, with an in-depth understanding to grow channels in a market;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive results, lead change and influence at all levels;
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills with terrific problem-solving abilities including prioritization, critical thinking and hypothesis development;
- High proficiency in Microsoft business software applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint). As well, Contact Relationship Management (CRM) software understanding in order to maximize the software’s impact on the business.
What it’s like to work at Finning?
Take a look through the eyes of one of their employees.