Habitat for Humanity - Director, Retail Strategy and Environmental Sustainability
Location: Edmonton, AB
Habitat for Humanity Edmonton (HFHE) has been giving a “hand up” to hard working families across northern Alberta since 1991, and have a need for a Director, Retail Strategy and Environmental Sustainability. This role will be pivotal in the design of the development and implementation strategy into the ReStore retail operations.
There is no end to the challenges and opportunities in this role as everything that is sold through the Habitat ReStores is donated or recycled. Key responsibilities include:
- Increasing business generating revenue by prospecting for potential new strategic accounts on a regional level while finding revenue within existing accounts, and/or supplier partners;
- Providing integrated leadership by recruiting, coaching and mentoring employees for 5 ReStore retail locations – with the potential of opening and operating 2 new ReStores in the next 2 years; and
- Managing engagement initiatives to include development and maintenance of work plans, as well as collaborative planning and programmatic integration with other department directors.
What You Bring
As Director, Retail Strategy and Environmental Sustainability, you are a creative leader with competencies across retail, finance, construction, community involvement as well as being aware of opportunities to minimize environmental impact through recycling, re-using, and repurposing products. As well you bring:
- 10+ years of retail leadership experience with a superior understanding of retail operations, environmental sustainability and executing strategic opportunities while growing key accounts;
- Post-Secondary education with a Major in business, or equivalent, with an emphasis in Marketing/Sales Management, preferred;
- A strong business acumen with a demonstrated history of initiating, creating, growing and retaining real business opportunities and relationships with all stakeholders including location managers, staff, senior leadership, customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. Please contact Steven Davidson either at email@example.com or at 780.665.4965 ext. 104 to receive the full profile.