Registered Dietitian - MVFHT, Valley Manor, Hastings Manor
Location: Renfrew County
Renfrew County is a healthy, growing and culturally rich community. Multiple benefits of living there include very affordable housing and lifestyles, excellent quality of life, natural beauty, a wide variety of outdoor activities, short commutes, vibrant community resources and a growing region with something for everyone.
There are currently three separate positions available that, together, make up a full-time position. The roles are in a family health team (0.4 FTE) and two long term care residences (0.2 and 0.4 FTEs).
The Madawaska Valley Family Health Team (MVFHT) is a newer Family Health Team (FHT) nestled south of Algonquin Park and east of Ottawa. Within the values of respect, communication, integrity, collaboration, quality, and honesty they aim to increase capacity for care, support the needs of the community and build a positive and comprehensive team.
Valley Manor Inc. is a private, non-profit, 90 bed long term care facility that is regulated under the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The home is nestled in picturesque forest setting which is surrounded by nature and wildlife. It surrounds an open courtyard that is accessible to all residents and is the attractive focus in the summer when flowers are in full bloom.
Centennial Manor is a 110 bed, accredited, not for profit Long-Term Care home in the beautiful town of Bancroft, Ontario, located in the northern part of Hastings County and is a sister home to Hastings Manor in Belleville, Ontario.
- THE ROLES
Madawaska Valley Family Health Team (MVFHT) (Barry’s Bay)
As a highly valued member of the team, the dietitian provides medical nutrition therapy in individual and team visits as well as groups.
- Provide direct patient care including assessments, counselling, nutrition care plans, monitoring, evaluating, referrals and follow-up.
- Provide group counselling such as Craving Change, heart health etc. for rostered and unrostered patients.
- Incorporate health promotion and determinants of health within the MVFHT.
Valley Manor (Barry’s Bay) and Hastings Centennial Manor (Bancroft)
- Provide overall nutritional care and counselling to the Residents of the Facility. Assess the nutritional status of the Residents and develop individualized care plans; implement, monitor and evaluate plans. Including admission, quarterly and annual RAI-MDS assessments, wound and weight reviews.
- Address individual resident nutrition needs and complete Dining Program Assessments as necessary and make recommendations as required.
- Assist with menu development, including meeting with Resident Council in accordance to Ministry of LTC standards and guidelines.
- Must be a member in good standing with the CDO.
- Experience with long term care would be an asset.
- Experience in primary care would be an asset.
- Practice with a health at every size approach, familiarity with mindful and intuitive teaching approaches
- Willing to learn and uphold the Long-Term Care Homes Act requirements.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity was we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.
We encourage candidates of all ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, physical challenges, sexual orientations, and identifications to feel confident in exploring and declaring candidacy for any of our search assignments.
- For a full profile or to apply, please contact:
Tracy Hussey, MSc, RD, RPR
The Vogel Group is a leadership search firm with offices in Alberta and Ontario conducting national searches for a wide range of clients. We work with like-minded organizations that value a partnership based on integrity, authenticity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Submit your Resume
In order to best support all candidates, we would like to know more about you. If you self-identify based on gender, sexual orientation, abilities, indigeneity, or racialization please consider completing this Self-Identification survey. It is 100% voluntary and anonymous and not attached to any searches or queries. We appreciate when you volunteer this data as it helps us to establish quantitative and qualitative Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) objectives and goals to help build a culture that supports all people.Complete the Self-Identifying survey