Parkland County - Senior Accountant
Location: Parkland County, AB
Parkland County is a vibrant and diverse community located just west of Edmonton. With a stunning natural landscape and a vibrant agricultural community, the County has evolved into a visitor’s paradise with a year-round population of approximately 30,000.
Reporting to the CFO, you will lead a small team of technical experts and have responsibility for timely and accurate financial reports.
The ideal candidate has:
- A post-secondary under-graduate degree in accounting, commerce or a related field. An Accounting Diploma from a recognized institute will also be accepted (equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered).
- A Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation.
- Experience in the areas of Public Sector Accounting Standards (an asset), the Municipal Government Act (an asset), auditing, financial reporting and forecasting processes and techniques.
- Experience in a leadership position with publicly traded companies and/or a public accounting firms are considered strong assets.
- Strong time management skills. Accurate and timely delivery of financial reporting is critical.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel). Must be adept in learning financial software.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required (for local, minimal travel).
To request a full Profile, please contact Rick Vogel at (780) 665-4965 ext. 101 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.