Medicine Hat College - Dean, Science & Health
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Medicine Hat College – Dean, Science & Health
Known for their focus on students, Medicine Hat College proudly serves over 8,000 learners each year and is committed to the southeastern Alberta communities. Operating in a culture of excellence with numerous benefits, the College is a great place to work, learn and grow!
Known as the “Oasis of the Prairies”, the City of Medicine Hat has a boutique city feel with its growing population of over 63,000. Residents experience the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta, affordable housing and a relatively mild climate year-round. Canada’s sunniest city, the City strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play with over 100 kilometers of walking trails, shopping, nightlife, sporting events and cultural facilities.
As Dean, Science & Health, you will report to the Vice President, Academic & Provost and will have the expertise to direct the academic portfolios of Health & Human Services, Nursing and Science. A visionary leader, you will share a team spirited approach, providing leadership, management and guidance to the academic mission of the College with a strong focus on student success.
You will be responsible for providing academic and administrative leadership to faculty, staff and students within the Division of Science & Health across Medicine Hat College. You will develop goals and priorities, provide program leadership, initiate program development, monitor student progress, foster scholarship and research, and align Divisional activities with Medicine Hat College’s 10-year strategic plan.
As the incumbent, you:
- Are an experienced leader with an exceptional track record in the PSI sector, and with significant experience in an academic and administrative environment;
- Bring a passion for creating and cultivating a rewarding and valuable learning experience; and
- Have a Master’s Degree from a recognized accredited institution (a PhD would be a bonus).
Equivalent combinations of related post-secondary education and work experience may be considered.
The following are considered strong assets:
- Academic, applied research and innovation, and administrative leadership skills with a proven track record of commitment to learning and student experience;
- Academic experience as a full-time faculty in the post-secondary environment;
- Active collaborator and excellent communicator who is comfortable and confident in interacting with diverse groups;
- Competence in leadership and engagement, coaching and developing, planning and evaluation, business and financial acumen, strategic thinking and results orientation; and
- Ability to recognize and explore opportunities and partnerships while working with external stakeholders.