Holy Family Catholic Regional Division Secretary-Treasurer
Location: Peace River, AB
This is a time for family…
Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) is located in Peace River and supports nine schools, which 2100 students attend annually. They also have 174 certified staff and 132 support staff, and they have been in business for 23 years. The division is currently in need of a Secretary- Treasurer to provide support and recommendations to the Superintendent and the Board.
HFCRD provides a flexible learning environment that is safe and caring and the students believe in supporting the community and giving back, and this is demonstrated in their Fostering Communities of Care plan which was introduced in 2014.
HFCRD puts safety first for their employees and provides a supportive and a respectful working environment. Employees enjoy working at the division as the organization promotes a diverse and inclusive culture. They value teamwork, collaboration, accountability and family and this is reflected in how the team works together.
Working at HFCRD as a Secretary-Treasurer, you will be strategic with forward thinking vision and a proactive leader on key financial issues. Highly skilled in financial management and a proven track record with organizations that have similar complexities.
- The Corporate Secretary Treasurer is responsible for signing off on accounts receivables, accounts payables, payroll and benefits for staff in addition to completing annual performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Providing advice and recommendations on all budgets;
- Management of all the financial records for all schools, the internal audit process and collaboration with external auditor to supply scheduling and reports to complete the audit process;
- Preparation of annual financial statements, budgets, cash flow statements, negotiating collective agreements and preparing presentations to present to the Superintendent and Board.
What experience do you need to join the team?
- A postgraduate university degree in accounting or finance;
- A CPA Designation (required);
- 5 – 7 years’ accounting/finance experience;
- Strong communication skills with an ability to meet tight and inflexible deadlines;
- Demonstrated success with working with board members and committees;
- Financial management experience;
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization that is dedicated to educating and supporting our future leaders of tomorrow. Please contact Renee Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 780-665-4965 ext. 102 to receive the full profile.