Habitat for Humanity - Chief Strategy Engagement and Programs Officer (CSEPO)
Location: Edmonton, AB
Chief Strategy Engagement and Programs Officer
Habitat for Humanity Edmonton (HFHE) is a housing charity operating in affiliation with Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) and Habitat for Humanity Canada (HFHC) whose world-wide vision is to help eliminate poverty and homelessness from the world and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Our client has a need for a Chief Strategy Engagement and Programs Officer (CSEPO). This role is an integral member of the senior leadership team and reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer. The CSEPO will oversee the strategic design and implementation of HFHE engagement and advocacy efforts. Through engagement with existing communities in the HFHE network and cultivation of new community members and partnerships, this position will be central to connecting all aspects of HFHE’s program work to expand the affiliate. The CSEPO is a driving force creating a culture of collaboration integration and engagement with internal and external stakeholders, while ensuring the values of the organization are in alignment with the established mission and vision. The CSEPO also serves as a member of the organization’s senior management team, responsible for implementing programming strategies that carry out the mission and policies set by the Board of Directors.
Strategic leadership responsibilities will focus on:
- Developing strategic plans around implementation of growth for Fund Development & Communications, and Volunteer & Community Engagement;
- Leading development and pursuit of strategic engagement and advocacy objectives while supporting the CEO in change management and organizational growth towards HFHE’s strategic initiatives;
- Cultivating, developing, and stewarding strategic relationships, collaborations, and alliances that advance HFHE’s mission and align with their strategic objectives; and
- Managing engagement initiatives to include development and maintenance of work plans, as well as collaborative planning and programmatic integration with other department directors.
Management responsibilities will focus on:
- Recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and providing integrated leadership to three programs for HFHE: Fund Development & Communications; Volunteer & Community Engagement; and Family Services;
- Managing engagement initiatives to include development and maintenance of work plans, as well as collaborative planning and programmatic integration with other department directors; and
- Partnering with cross-functional leaders to increase the organization’s capacity (i.e. change management capability and organizational development solutions) and support innovation, leadership and strategic management practices.
Program responsibilities will focus on:
- Overseeing the coordination, expansion and stewardship of HFHE Volunteer and Community Engagement, Family Services, and Fund Development & Communication programs;
- Identifying, analyzing, and pursuing opportunities for engagement to increase revenues and HFHE profile, in coordination with HFHE’s leadership team; and
- Overseeing the development, design, and implementation of short- and long-term family, community, and partner engagement strategies that are aligned with the strategic plan.
For consideration for candidacy, you encompass:
- Demonstrated successful experience in creating positive strategic change in programs and systems within a multi-million-dollar organization, ideally in the not-for-profit sector; across a broad scope of responsibility;
- Demonstrated expertise in capturing and analyzing information on activities, results, opportunities, and challenges, as well as, translating and presenting that information to a wide variety of stakeholder groups in a meaningful way to drive engagement;
- Significant experience in leading and facilitating the successful communication and collaboration of a variety of teams and personalities within those teams resulting in the achievement of objectives and/or milestones;
- A proven ability to engage with empathy with all program stakeholders at all levels regardless of situation or background;
- Program leadership from business plan inception to implementation and execution within relevant complex full-spectrum projects;
- Success in building synergies between operating groups within a business that have historically been compartmentalized; and
- Experience as a Senior Executive getting results through the leaders and teams that report to them.
Contact Steven Davidson either at 780.665.4965, ext. 104 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a detailed position profile for this role and to give us the opportunity to know more about yourself and how you will seamlessly fit into the role and into Habitat for Humanity’s organization.