Finning Canada - Business Development Manager - Rental Services
Location: Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC
Business Development Manager – Rental Services
Named as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2020, we’re working with Finning Canada for their Business Development Manager – Rental Services. Based in Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver, you will build the strategy and channel support model to grow their heavy rental equipment and services business throughout Western Canada in conjunction with all of The Cat Rental Store branches.
Finning employs approximately 14,500 people worldwide, operates in three geographies (head office is in Vancouver, BC) and is the authorized dealer for Caterpillar products in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, the Northwest Territories, and a portion of Nunavut.
Reporting to the General Manager, Rentals & Retail, the Business Development Manager – Rental Services position is responsible for growing the Cat Rental dealer territory and market share with existing, potential and new customers for our rental services division within Finning (Canada). You will lead a small business development team of 2 professionals, plus have dotted line responsibility for facilitating the success of many branches and be accountable for ~$100M in annual revenue.
The Ideal Candidate
You are a confident business leader with several years of senior leadership experience, centering on the world of rental equipment and services ideally within the world of heavy equipment. This individual will actively participate in strategy and implementation of business development with regional branch leadership and will work closely with the rental sales force to drive new customers, market opportunities as well lead development and growth with strategic partnerships. This position will require traveling across Finning territory to visit customer operations or offices in the line developing/building business relationships and opportunities.
This is a strategic role where you will be challenged to solve problems, and support the dealer network across Western Canada, not just sell rental services.
As the ideal candidate you bring:
- Minimum 7+ years of leadership experience in the rental equipment industry, sales and/or operations with demonstrated success in business development, ideally with large-scale transactions and complex sales processes.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (equivalencies will be considered).
- Knowledge of the heavy equipment business, specifically the rental equipment market and business would be considered an asset for this role, though alternatives will be considered.
- Strong skills in coaching, leadership and attention detail.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive results, lead change and influence at all levels.
- In depth understanding to grow channels in a market both physical and online.
- Contact Relationship Management (CRM) software understanding as well as how to maximize the impact of that software on your business.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, with persuasion and networking skillsets.
- High proficiency in Microsoft business software applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint).
- Must have experience in strategic planning and implementation, and a comprehensive understanding of marketing principles and practices.
- Must possess strong leadership and motivational capabilities, and excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
What it’s like to work at Finning?
Take a look through the eyes of one of their employees.
To find out more about this role contact Steven Davidson today either at 780.665.4965 ext. 104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed position profile.