Edmonton Screen Industries Office - Board of Directors
Lights, Camera, Action!
The Edmonton Screen Industries Office (ESIO) is dedicated to the growth and sustainability of Edmonton’s screen media inclusive of film, television and interactive digital media including games and mobile apps.
ESIO is led by top business individuals; those who are experienced at making executive decisions while also balancing risk and opportunity – and they want to expand their Board of Directors. Poised to support independent Edmonton screen media developers and producers and help them reach the next level, ESIO seeks to build a stronger, more impactful and more resilient screen media industry in support of our city’s vision.
This is a terrific opportunity for those who have relevant experience and a passion for:
- Investment and governance of mission-driven capital funds, attracting further investment into the ESMF, prudently stewarding the funds under management, and directing impact-driven investment;
- Oversight and strategic direction over policy, advocacy and marketing in support of the Edmonton screen industries; and
- Oversight and strategic direction over ESIO role as a facilitator and relationship builder in the community working to develop a vibrant, interactive and supportive ecosystem in which local screen industries can thrive.
As the ideal candidate, your core competencies and experience include:
- Personal and professional reputation beyond reproach, and relationships with provincial and/or federal government;
- Community connections with a wide network of contacts and the ability to engage across sectors and communities both in and around Edmonton Metro;
- Board governance experience and/or knowledge;
- Business assessment, valuation and risk expertise; and
- Business start-up and/or commercialization experience.