College of Alberta Denturists - Registrar
The College of Alberta Denturists, the regulatory body and licensing authority for over 300 denturists in Alberta, ensures that the public receives ethical, professional and safe denturist services. The College takes responsibility for denture practice by setting and enforcing high standards of competence and ethical conduct.
Reporting to the Council of the College, the Registrar is responsible for the duties required of a Registrar pursuant to the Health Professions Act of Alberta, overseeing three core programs: registration, competence and complaints resolution. The Registrar is supported by an Administrative Assistant/Hearings Director and a Complaints Director.
As a strong candidate for this position you thrive in a regulatory environment and believe in the power of collaboration, excellent communication and accountability. In addition, you:
- have preferably worked or are working in a professional regulatory body and therefore have thorough knowledge of relevant or related legislation (i.e. Alberta’s Denturists Profession Regulation, Health Professions Act, Health Information Act, Public Health Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated regulations);
- hold a University degree (preferred) with degree/experience in business administration, education, health administration, law or voluntary sector management;
- preferably (but not necessarily) hold a Diploma in Denturist Technology and are eligible for registration with the College;
- have a successful track-record in financial management including drafting budgets, financial planning, analysis of interim and yearly financial statements, and control protocols for fiscal health;
- have a proven track record in strategic planning, recommendations and execution.
This is an exciting opportunity to step into a senior leadership position with a small regulatory organization, providing executive leadership within an organization where passion and excellence are highly valued.
If this piques your interest, please contact Julie at 780-665-4965 x.103 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to receive a detailed Position Profile.