CARNA, Conduct Counsel
Location: Edmonton, AB
The College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is the professional and regulatory body for more than 38,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners in Alberta. With a history that spans over 100 years, CARNA plays an essential role in shaping the framework for registered nurse practice in Alberta and influencing health policy decisions in the best interest of all Albertans.
CARNA is currently seeking a Conduct Counsel to provide legal advice to the Complaints Director related to the Health Professions Act (HPA) and provide expertise at discipline hearings for investigated members or through complaint resolution agreements.
As a strong candidate for this role:
- You hold a Bachelor of Law/Juris Doctor;
- You are a Member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta (or are eligible for membership);
- You have extensive experience practicing as a Barrister and Solicitor, preferably in the area of professional regulation or administrative law. Experience working with the Health Professions Act is essential;
- You have thorough experience appearing before an administrative law tribunal or court; and
- You have exceptional mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Finally, you are compelled by an opportunity to join an important organization at an exciting point in its history as it embarks on the execution of a new strategic plan. You are committed to a culture that is innovative, open, supportive and forward-looking, while at the same time remaining highly professional and accountable.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and would like to see a detailed Position Profile, please contact Julie Barron either at 780.665.4965 x.103 or via email to email@example.com.
We understand and appreciate our clients’ ever-increasing desire for candidates to reflect the communities in which they work and live. The Vogel Group is committed to inclusivity and diversity as we search for outstanding leadership talent for our clients.