CARNA - Chief Officer, Registration & Conduct & Deputy Registrar
The College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is the professional and regulatory body for more than 38,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners in Alberta. With a history that spans over 100 years, CARNA plays an essential role in shaping the framework for registered nurse practice in Alberta and influencing health policy decisions in the best interest of the public.
CARNA is at an exciting point in its history as it embarks on the execution of a new strategic plan. It is committed to strong leadership at all levels of the organization, and a culture that is innovative, open, supportive and forward-looking, while at the same time remaining highly professional and accountable.
Reporting to the CEO, the Deputy Registrar/Chief Officer, Registration & Conduct is accountable for ensuring that individuals meet and maintain the standards and requirements set by the college to protect the health and interests of Albertans. This includes ensuring the operational strategic goals are met and a “right touch” philosophy is embedded in the department.
As a strong candidate for this position, you:
- are a registered nurse;
- hold a post-secondary degree (a master’s degree in business administration, leadership, law or nursing is preferred);
- are eligible for/have registration in good standing with CARNA;
- have a successful track record leading, mentoring and coaching a team;
- have experience leading successful change management initiatives; and
- are highly skilled in facilitation, mediation and negotiation.
Finally, you are compelled by an opportunity to join an important organization at an exciting point in its history as it embarks on the execution of a new strategic plan. You are committed to a culture that is innovative, open, supportive and forward-looking, while at the same time remaining highly professional and accountable.