Capital Region Housing - Board of Directors
Location: Edmonton, AB
We’re working again with Capital Region Housing – this time we’re seeking two (2) Directors for their Board of Directors, an established team that will contribute to the enhancement of strong and capable leadership governance practices for the organization.
Capital Region Housing Corporation (CRHC) manages 5,200 units, contained in 800 buildings in 120 locations in the region, providing homes to individuals and families across the spectrum of housing affordability. They currently serve over 23,000 Albertans, including 10,000 children in the Edmonton area – and are growing.
Who are we seeking to join their Board?
CRHC is seeking:
- An innovative leader with a human resources background. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in compensation, performance management and organizational development.
- A seasoned lawyer with experience in real estate development/construction and a solid understanding of board governance.
Preference will be given to individuals with experience in compensation, performance management and organizational development. As well, they will encompass the following competencies:
- Prior board experience with the ability to analyze situations, issues, best practices and solutions with an open and detailed perspective. Formal education or other academic training relating to the corporate governance profession, including ICD course work is desirable;
- Strong understanding or experience in governance processes, policies and accountabilities by which publicly funded systems are directed and controlled, including understanding the role and relationship between policy makers, directors and management;
- Experience working with diverse communities and a demonstrated appreciation for local voice and how it informs good decision making is sought;
- Executive leadership and organizational effectiveness experience; experience driving strategic insight and direction to continuously challenge an organization, including change management and integration initiatives;
- Strong understanding and ability to identify primary and tertiary organizational risks and ensuring the appropriate risk control framework or compliance oversight is in place; and
- Stakeholder engagement experience in strategies that are designed to influence public policy, build and maintain a strong reputation and find common ground with stakeholders.
The board will meet as often as required to provide effective governance and oversight. Currently the Board meets the last Thursday of every month a minimum of six times per calendar year and there will be additional committee responsibilities. Director terms are two years in length with a maximum of eight years served.
Are you, or someone you know, ready to be an ambassador of CRHC, providing leadership and direction for an organization that strives to ensure everyone can live in a safe, secure, affordable home in the Capital Region? Contact Rick Vogel, either at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 780.665.4965 ext. 101 for a detailed position profile.